I Can't Get My BF To Trust Me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Can't Get My BF To Trust Me

I'm really into my bf, like really into him. I like him so much and I love spending time with him but it seems like he's always suspicious of me and I'm always having to explain everything I do. He's really starting to piss me off. I really like him but I can't do this for much longer. I really want him to trust me. What should I do?

If he's completely unable to trust you for any reason then maybe he's been through crappy relationships before with chicks who have cheated on him. I know that when I got cheated on, I didn't want to date anyone again, and when I did, it took me a really long time to trust her. It's not because of anything she did its just that once someone does that to you, it can make it really hard to trust someone again. Maybe you should ask him.

Comment

I once had a girl do that to me. She was constantly hounding me and checking through my phone and she never found anything because I was never being unfaithful to her. I finally got fed up one day and I grabbed her phone and started going through it to see how she liked it, and she flipped. I ended up finding messages between her and some other guy. My experience is that when someone is flipping out and accusing you of cheating on them it's probably because they've got something to hide.

Comment

Yep! One of my besties is a girl and she told me the exact same thing. Her bf was always accusing her of cheating and doing things that she shouldn't have been, and she eventually found out that he was the one who was cheating on her. Way it goes sometimes.

Comment

If he was cheated before, then you can't easily remove that from him since he doesn't want to experience that again. Try and to talk him about his trust issues in order to know if its reasonable or not. All you have to do is always reassure him that you would not break that trust that he gave you

Comment

If you've told him before that you've cheated a boyfriend before, it would be normal for him to have doubts when it comes to trust. You should always stress to him that you're really into him and you have no plans of cheating on him and that stage of your life is already over. And if he's the one who's been cheated and you've never cheated before, tell him that you're not the type who do such a thing

Comment

First off how long have you two been dating?

Comment

If he was cheated before by an ex, then you would definitely have a hard time to get his trust because the thought that it might happen to him again will always linger around in the back of his head. What you need to do is always assure him that you're not the type who would cheat in a relationship

Comment

You should talk to him and ask what would it take for him to trust you. He might open up and tell you the reason behind it

Comment

Maybe there are things that beantown_hottie hasn't told us and his guy knows or heard that is why he doesn't trust her that much

Comment

have you cheated in the past? Just trying to understand how this all came to.

Comment

• Stellar
                        Stellar commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That might be one of the reasons why he doesn't trust you that much

• ZsaZsa
                        ZsaZsa commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That's one of the reasons why I didn't trust an ex. I knew that he cheated in some of his relationships that's why I was extra cautious with him

Are you sure that there is no good reason why he's acting that way? Maybe he's been cheated before or he knows that you've cheated before that's why he has trust issues

Comment

• BessyMae
                        BessyMae commented
                        Editing a comment
                        But if you're sure, it's getting into your nerves, and it starts to get unhealthy, then sweetie, leave before it gets worse,

I guess your boyfriend is having this trust issues, you should know why is that, maybe because of his previous relationship. If you ain't nothing to hide you should't worry about it, but if he being possessive and controlling I guess he is the one who has huge issues here. You could either help him to overcome that or confront him, tell him you don't like what he's doing.

Comment

Hey, friendly advice, but the hard truth, most, if not all toxic relationships starts with a partner not trusting his or her other half. You should seriously think about it. If he's constantly questioning you, and you constantly need to prove yourself and you feel you can't breathe - LEAVE.

Comment

• BigBurrito
                          BigBurrito commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Have you been in a toxic relationship before?

• JayRock
                          JayRock commented
                          Editing a comment
                          of course man, been there done that

It's good you still have patience for your bf and you're looking for some ways so he can trust you. But the issue here is not you, its him. If he doesn't change, you will have the tendency to just cut your relationship off.

Comment

Working...
                        X