Should Know How to Cook?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Know How to Cook?

I just wanna ask you guys if is it really necessary for a woman to know how to cook? Does any of you experience getting criticize by a man because you can't cook properly with telling you that it is your job because your a woman.

I think everybody needs to know how to cook not just women. It is one of the basic skills necessary for survival.

Comment

I know how to cook, my grandma and mother taught me ever since I was a kid so I haven't experience being told or criticize by a man.

Comment

• BargeSuave
        BargeSuave commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, I spent most of my time with my grandma too but I learned baking and not cooking lol.

I don't know how to cook, even pancakes, but my partner doesn't criticize me. He actually find it cute!

Comment

• MissTee
        MissTee commented
        Editing a comment
        You're lucky to find a man like that.

Its not necessary of course, its totally up to you. It is your life so you are the one who has a say to it but we cannot deny that it feels good to be able to cook for someone special to you.

Comment

• HotVirtuoso
        HotVirtuoso commented
        Editing a comment
        Do you always cook for someone you considers as special?

I know how to prepare simple dishes and I don't think they taste that great as well lol. I am still learning it and I don't care if a guy will tell me that my cooking kill sucks cause I'm not gonna forced him to eat it he can go order his food haha.

Comment

Originally posted by NasTeeGal View Post
        I think everybody needs to know how to cook not just women. It is one of the basic skills necessary for survival.
        I agree but gotta admit I'm not really good at this but I'm lucky as I always end up with someone who has a talent in cooking.

Comment

This is one of the most annoying thing like why can't they just be grateful that someone tries to do a thing for them.

Comment

My opinion is yes, we should know how to cook as we will be the one who will take care of our children and it is essential that they'll be eating healthy foods. Of course, knowing how to cook does not necessarily mean that you need to be the best.

Comment

Nope I have not experience being judge by my cooking skills cause I rarely cook and if I have to, I always made sure to present the dish that I'm confident at.

Comment

This is bullshit! I don't think only woman should know how to cook, everybody should because we all eat.

Comment

• NosyJosie
                  NosyJosie commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah, I also hate the idea where they expect women to do the basic work and then look down on us as if its the only thing we can ever do.

Just because I'm a woman means that it's my job. I'm not a chef! If the guy wants a woman who is skilled in cooking then he better marry a chef, duh.

Comment

• Fitwilkom
                  Fitwilkom commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Exactly, people are like expect you to know certain kind of stuff just because you're a girl lol.

• Skamille
                  Skamille commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Fitwilkom yeah like duh, were in 2020 hahaha.

I never commented on someone else's cooking, I am just grateful that they are trying their best to cook food for me so its sort of my way of thanking them by considering the efforts and feeling they invest in that food.

Comment

• Stellar
                  Stellar commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's so nice of you to acknowledge the efforts of someone.

• KinkyKate
                  KinkyKate commented
                  Editing a comment
                  DeeBeat right, the only time I would remark on someone else's cooking is when I am paying for it and if they serve it to me not in a good way.

• DeeBeat
                  DeeBeat commented
                  Editing a comment
                  KinkyKate you mean when they serve it in a rude way?

In my country, its necessary for a girl to know how to do house chores especially cooking and its no big deal for me. As for getting criticize because of my cooking skills, tbh it would hurt me if ever I'll experience that.

Comment

• HotBorg
                  HotBorg commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I think everyone who puts efforts in cooking and ends up receiving negative comments will get hurt about it.

For me, there's nothing wrong with receiving negative comments from time to time because it will help you improve your lacking department. I have to admit, the way the guy tells you ZsaZsa about it is kinda rude.

Comment

• Funferral
                  Funferral commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I agree, he should have tell it to her nicely so that she will be motivated to do better next time lol.
              Working...
              X