To comfort a broken-hearted friend

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To comfort a broken-hearted friend

When my friends needed my comfort, I'd start off with jokes then I'll wait for them to open up to me about their heartaches.
    And once they're done, that's when I can give them pieces of advice and take them out to buy their favorite food or have drinks.

How do you usually comfort a broken-hearted friend?

I usually go to their place and let them decide what they wanted to do. If they wanted to go out then I'd be happy to be with them all day.
    Comforting a broken heart is never easy but it feels good when you've helped someone get through it, right?

Comment

• pussyThirstywet
      pussyThirstywet commented
      Editing a comment
      All day? Don't you have other things to do as well? How about your work?

I'd call him out to meet me at his favorite bar. He can invite other friends to come along and we'll have drinks for the rest of the night. I'm hoping that we can find some hot chicks to hook up there.

Comment

• D'arcy
      D'arcy commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, most guys do that thing. Would go on bars and clubs and have some drinks and see some women. But, wait, all night long? Are you in Las Vegas that you could do an all night drinking spree?

I'm not good at this, so, I don't know how to comfort a friend. Maybe I can help by inviting another friend of ours to come over to her place and she can provide my friend with some good advice on how to move on. We can even stay there for a sleepover and I'll pay for the food, it's the least I can give.

Comment

• NaughtyTaco
      NaughtyTaco commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you come take out some food and eat at their place? That would be a nice idea. How about your work the next day?

Comfort? But I do not comfort them. What can I do? I also do not know how to deal with those brokenhearted friends. I do listen when they talk and cry but that's it.

Comment

• HotBorg
      HotBorg commented
      Editing a comment
      That's the best comfort that you can give to them, let them cry their hearts out. No need to assure them with your pieces of advice, just lend them your ears and they're fine with that already.

• LustyGirl
      LustyGirl commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, there are people who are simply clueless when it comes to comforting other people and that is just fine.

The best way to listen from her pains in private. We could not go out yet. I do not want someone to cry like a cry baby in public. That would be a shame for us. She could tell me all the pains that she feels regarding the breakups. I could listen to all the rants and curses. That would be fine with me. But one thing that I would not want to do is provide her some advices.

Comment

• BigBurrito
      BigBurrito commented
      Editing a comment
      You don't need to have the best advice to make her feel okay. What matters is that you were there when she's in pain. She wants to be in company with someone and it would already mean a lot to her.

• Skamille
      Skamille commented
      Editing a comment
      You are afraid that your brokenhearted friends would do some public scandals if you go out, eh? Anyway, your fears have merit so yeah good jobs.

When my friends are brokenhearted, I usually become their shoulder to cry on. I just listen to their rants and stories and I give advice whenever they ask for it.

Comment

• Fitwilkom
      Fitwilkom commented
      Editing a comment
      Are your advices being heed on? Do they follow your advices to them?

I comfort a brokenhearted friend through bringing her in our favorite bar and club. I will let her have the time of her life and I will let her have fun. I won't stop her from dancing and flirting with guys because I know that that's what she needs.

Comment

If my friends are brokenhearted, they just stay at home that's why what I do during those times is that I visit them and bring over some food and drinks. I also bring some tissue because I am sure that there will be a lot of crying.

Comment

Working...
      X