Sickening Abbreviations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sickening Abbreviations

I`m fed up of these slangs smol, wcw, mcm, like wtf? It`s ruining our grammar half of the time people my age don`t even know what`s being said it is very ughhhh. Can we please go on with the I know right instead of ikr. We aren`t realizing how this is affecting us, also auto correct, even I`m forgetting spellings thanks to autocorrect. We are so used to these machines and technology that it`s not even funny. I still don`t know what smh means and honestly I don`t even want to know. Anyone interested in me, before messaging me please make sure you use full forms otherwise don`t even bother.

Finally someone said it. You know what-I have been using Google to search for their full forms lol

Comment

When it comes to auto correct you can just turn off that function on your phone if its bothering you. And when it comes to the abbreviations, it is already given that the ones from the previous generation tend to be annoyed with the ones being used by the younger ones. I think what you should just do is just to use them for the sake that you know what they're talking about.

Comment

OBVI - now this one should be obvious.

Comment

Are you sure that you haven't used abbreviations whenever you're chatting or texting your friends?

Comment

You don't have to use all those abbreviations if you're not fond of it. What is important is that you know at least most of them so that you won't feel left out

Comment

You don't necessarily need use those abbreviations, what you need is to just know them

Comment

• Stellar
                Stellar commented
                Editing a comment
                Maybe she think it is just a waste of time to even just know them

You're not the only one who's having problems trying to understand the abbreviations that kids use these days

Comment

Originally posted by KinkyKate View Post
                You don't necessarily need use those abbreviations, what you need is to just know them
                I agree with her. If your friends know that you don't use those terms often, they might feel weird or even cringe at you if you suddenly use them

Comment

• MissTee
                  MissTee commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Not only my friends, even myself felt a bit off when I said that

• BessyMae
                  BessyMae commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Better not use it if you feel that way

• MissTee
                  MissTee commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah i never do

I think that's what usually happens when we hit a certain age. We wouldn't understand the next generation

Comment

I'm always lost with new abbreviations, It's good google is always ready to help me out. This is how language changes as years passes by.

Comment

• NosyJosie
                    NosyJosie commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes, google helps when it comes to that. But I hope kids would just stop abbreviating words
                Working...
                X